NOTE - This article pertains specifically to Client for Windows 10.8 which includes expanded SharePoint connection capabilities for federated, on-prem, and online.
In This Article:
- SharePoint is a licensed component. A valid license with SharePoint enabled is required.
- Additional software must be installed for the SharePoint scanner to function
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3RC 32bit version
- SharePoint Server 2013 Client Components SDK
If these components are not installed before searching SharePoint with Spirion 10.8 the search will result in ERRORS. See the troubleshooting section for more specific error message information
SharePoint Site Target Options
- Documents - (enabled by Default) is the most common search location
The connection method depends on the populated connection fields. The authentication methods listed here detail the required fields. These connections settings are enabled in either the Client for Windows UI or within Scheduled Task policy on the Spirion management console.
Client for Window UI
Console/Scheduled Task Policy UI
- SharePoint URL (Required) - is a required field for all searches to specify the address of the site.
- Domain (not required for SharePoint Online) - the domain of the user account
- Security Token Service - the address of the Security Token Service (STS)
Examples: adfs.companyname.com, sts.amazonaws.com
- Identity Provider ID - the URI or URL that is associated with the SharePoint web application that is configured to use a SAML token-based provider
- Username (Required)
Example: spservice, or for SharePoint Online email@example.com
- Password (Required) - the password for the specified Username
Basic or OnPrem Authentication
Fields required: Username, Password, Domain fields
Fields required: Username, Password
Username - in the form firstname.lastname@example.org OR domain\username
Fields required: Username, Password, Domain, Identity Provider Id, Security Token Service
(Unable to open SharePoint site (Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client
When the client is not installed an this error will appear in the search log:
ERROR An unknown error occurred while initializing scan for 'Status' process on SharePoint account email@example.com for 'Count' request type (Unable to open SharePoint site (Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (-2147024894)))
- Technical Requirements
- Console Documentation
- Client for Windows Documentation
- SharePoint Console User Guide