How to Search Box
In This Section:
- Things you Should Know Before Searching Box
- Authenticating Box
- How to Search Box through the Client
- How to Search Box through the Console
Things You Should Know Before Searching Box
- Box Searching requires an API call out to Box. Box will need one API call per file per box. So for example if you have 2 box accounts you want to search and each account has 10 files you would need 20 API calls: (2*10=20)
- If you do not have enough API calls left from your monthly subscription with Box to cover the entire search the search will time out and seem like Spirion is doing nothing when in fact, box is denying access to the search because there is not enough API calls.
- If you need additional API calls for the search you will need to contact your Box subscription representative.
To begin searching Box Spirion first needs to Authenticate against it. Authentication is set in the console. To Authenticate Box do the following steps:
- Open the console and Navigate to the admin Tab at the top.
- Click On Cloud Authentication in the light blue pane on the left of the console.
- Click the “Manage” button to the right of Box (Box Sync)
- Enter your Admin account username (email address of the admin account for Box) and click Authenticate.
- When your Box (Box Sync) credentials have been successfully authenticated you will see the following dialog:
- Click Ok and the authorization is complete. The Box (Box Sync) line will now show (Authenticated).
This information can also be found in the following linked user guide page:
How To Search Box From The Client
The Box Sync by Box, Inc. setting will enable Spirion to automatically determine the local storage location for folders synchronized with Box Sync. When File Locations is set to Cloud Folders, the client will locate and search only the specified cloud folder storage locations. The user on the machine must be signed into Box Sync for the locally synced cloud folder to be searched.
To Search Box do the following:
- Open the Client.
- Click the locations tab at the top.
- Click the downward carrot under any of the Search Locations and Click Customize.
- In the dialog box that opens select Other Locations from the list on the left-hand side.
- Box should be checked by default but if it is not click the check box.
- To view or modify this setting, click the Configuration ribbon, then the Settings button and then select the Other Locations For additional settings please refer to View and Manage Other Locations to search or Settings to Customize Your Experience.
How To Search Box From the Console
Once you have authenticated Box in the console to search Box make sure that EnableCloudDiscovery is turned on and CloudTypeSearchOptions has Box enabled.