Console Administrator Tool (CAT) - Advanced Mode
Under certain circumstances, the Spirion Support team may direct you to run the Console Administrator Tool (CAT) in advanced mode, which provides access to additional tools that can be used to diagnose and troubleshoot an issue.
To launch the Console Administrator Tool in advanced mode:
- Log on to the desktop of Spirion Console server. This can be done by either physically accessing the machine or by using a Remote Desktop session.
- Open a Command Prompt and navigate to the directory where the Console is installed: The default installation path for versions up through 9.1.4 is: C:\Program Files\Identity Finder Console\ConsoleAdministrator. For versions 10 and greater the installation path will be C:\Program Files\Spirion Console\ConsoleAdministrator. ***If you redirected the installation of the Console to another partition, it may be something like D:\Program Files\Spirion Console\ConsoleAdministrator***
- Type the following command without the quotes: "ConsoleAdministrator.exe advanced"
When run in advanced mode, the Database Settings tab provides the following additional options:
Click the button 'Start SQL Profiler Trace' to start a trace of the SQL Profiler trace tool:
File Path (local to SQL Server): This File Path needs to point to an existing folder on the machine where SQL Server is installed on which the Spirion database resides, and SQL Server must have permissions to write to the folder, so we recommend using the same folder where SQL Server databases backups are stored. The default location typically is similar to this: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13\MSSQL\Backup
- You also need to add a slash '\' at the end of the File Path and a file name without any extension. Ultimately the File Path should read something similar to this: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13\MSSQL\Backup\trace
Here are some other options that you may need to configure:
- Max File Size (MB): The maximum file size in MB of a single trace file. This value must be greater than 0. When the trace file reaches the maximum size, the trace is stopped unless File Count is greater than 1. The default value is 300.
- File Count: The number of rollover files used for a trace. When a number greater than 1 is specified, upon reaching the max file size, a new file is created. If the number of currently created files is greater than the specified File Count value, the oldest file will be removed. Both 0 and 1 values will cause it to use only one file. The default value is 3.
- Max Time to Run (min): The maximum time to run the trace in minutes. The default value is 60.
- Locks Analysis: Enabling this option will perform additional logging for analyzing locks. The default is disabled.
Once you have completed the task, you can click "Stop SQL Profiler Trace" to stop the trace. Then you should be able to browse to the file path you entered above and find any trace files *.trc to send to Technical Support. You can also perform a Gather Data from the CAT to capture the SQL Profile Trace file(s) you just created so you can send that to Technical Support.