To configure and test the database connection strings we recommend using the GUI built into the Agent software.
Please Note: MySQL databases require the 32bit MySQL C API version 3.23.x or higher to be installed on the endpoint(s) searching the databases.
Windows does not add the path for libmysql.dll to the PATH environment variable by default. Search for the 32bit libmysql.dll and copy its path to the 'Path' system variable. After pasting in the path to the dll, the Endpoint for Windows must be closed and reopened (if already open).
There is an UNDOCUMENTED requirement for the 32-bit Connector/C 6.1.11 libmysql.dll driver to have vcruntime140.dll available. This is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC x86 package (available here).
Use the endpoint (or a Discovery Team member) that will be running the actual search to confirm connectivity from that endpoint.
- Open the Spirion Agent.
- Select File then Settings.
- Select Databases (on the left menu).
- Select the database type from the drop-down list.
- Click the Configure button.
- Enter information into the appropriate text fields (NOTE: The User Name must be a local database user account). Specific fields will vary by database type. The screenshot below uses MySQL as an example.
- Click the Test Connection button.
- If you see Test Connection Failed, review and adjust the information entered until the test succeeds.
- Select (single left click) the line shown (highlighted blue) in the image below to populate the text box above it.
- Now Paste that connection string into Notepad a text editor or directly into the Scheduled Task policy you are using to search the database.
- Once you click the green check mark (save) the password will be obfuscated
Full Documentation on Database searching is also available here.