Posted: 10/8/2009, Updated: 8/9/2010
If a user attempts to execute a feature that is not included in their license, they may receive a UI prompt and/or a message may be written to the log. For example:
- The current license does not include the ability to Save.
- The current license does not include the ability to Print.
- The current license does not allow the searching of network drives, please select a local drive or folder or upgrade your license.
- Communication with the Enterprise Console is not enabled in the current license.
- The current license does not support server class operating systems.
- Identity Finder cannot search folders on a network drive. (Similar messages are displayed for other search locations).
- Identity Finder cannot shred files or folders on network drives, please select a local drive or folder. (Similar messages are displayed for other actions)
Alternatively, an item may not appear in the UI such as the Databases or Website buttons in the Search Locations group.
Investigation and Resolution
If the license does not indicate that the specified feature is available or the feature is not included in the list of licensed modules, one of the following scenarios has occurred:
|The license does not contain the specified feature because it is an evaluation license.||If Identity Finder is being used as part of an evaluation for purchase and additional features must be enabled in the license to complete the evaluation, please contact the appropriate Identity Finder sales representative to discuss the matter.|
|The license does not contain the specified feature because that feature was not purchased.||If Identity Finder is already licensed/being used by an existing customer and it is desirable to discuss the terms of the license or purchase additional modules, please contact the appropriate Identity Finder sales representative to discuss the matter.|
|The client was activated using an activation number and a feature was added to the license after activation.||If an activation number was used to activate the client and additional modules were purchased or enabled after activation, it is necessary to perform the activation process again
On Windows, open Settings, select the Resources page, and use the Upgrade button. If an offline activation was used previously, it is necessary to repeat the entire process as the old/original response number cannot be used.
On the Mac it is necessary to first delete the activation information and then perform the activation process again.
|The client was activated using an activation number and a license file was added after activation occurred.||If an Identity Finder client has been activated, the license information provided via that activation number will always be read unless it is deleted. Adding an identityfinder.lic license file to a computer that was previously activated will not cause Identity Finder to read the new license information until the activation information has been deleted.
Please refer to the KB article, "Removing an Activation Number" for additional information.
|The license does not contain the specified feature because there was an error creating the license.||If Identity Finder was purchased through the Identity Finder web store, please contact support by performing the steps listed below this table.
If Identity Finder is being used as part of an evaluation, please contact the appropriate Identity Finder sales representative to discuss the matter.
If Identity Finder is already licensed/being used by an existing enterprise customer, please contact your account representative.
If the license indicates that the feature is available, please create a new support ticket, and include the following:
- The identityfinder.lic license file or Activation Number, as appropriate
- The edition (e.g., Free, Home, Professional, Enterprise)
- The version (e.g., 220.127.116.11, 2.1.1)
- The log file containing the messages in question and/or screenshots of the messages in the UI, as available.