Posted: 6/14/2010, Updated: 2/8/2011
It is recommended that client settings be managed through the Identity Finder Enterprise Console. If the console is not available or there is a strong preference to manage client settings via Active Directory, it is possible to do so through the use of a security template. This article describes the tools and processed necessary to create a Microsoft Security Template (.inf) file using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), thereby providing a mechanism to that allows administrators to deploy configuration settings via Group Policy.
Creating a template
To create the security template, perform the following steps:
- Read the description of and download the Identity Finder Settings Viewer.
- Download the latest policy definitions.
- Unzip the settings viewer, place the policy definitions in the same folder as the settings viewer files, and launch the settings viewer.
- Click the, "Export Security Template Values" button on the toolbar and save the file.
- Click the, "Export Security Template Strings" button on the toolbar and save the file.
- Detach the Security Template Guide.pdf file from this article and follow the instructions.