Posted: 2/2/2010, Updated: 2/8/2010
Under certain circumstances, values set via policy on the Management Console may not be properly interpreted when they are received by the Endpoint. When this occurs, there may be missing or incorrect information in your client display or in your reports saved from the client - i.e, the saved columns do not match those that were set via policy.
This article only applies when both of the following conditions are met:
- Your Policy Definitions are version 2010020808011656 or older, and;
- You have configured one or more of the following settings via policy on the Management Console and those values are appearing as 0 (zero) on the endpoint:
To fix, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Console as an admin level account.
- Navigate to the Settings, Resources tab.
- Under Policy Definitions click the Check for Updates button. If this fails, read and follow the instructions of the following KB article:
Manually Updating Console Policy Definitions
- Go to the Policy Management tab.
- In each Policy that contains any of the settings listed above, reset the values on all affected settings that are already configured. If the settings above are not already configured, there is no need to configure them.
- Once all Policies are updated to fix the settings listed above appropriately, the Endpoints will begin receiving the updated settings and setting them correctly in their registry.