Posted: 2/10/2010, Updated: 8/1/2014
When evaluating Spirion, test or sample data is often required to validate application settings. In many cases invalid/fake/fabricated SSN's and CCN's will not show up in Spirion searches because of its ability to eliminate false positives. These capabilities may cause confusion when piloting or demonstrating the use of Identity Finder to others. Additionally, when conducting training exercises, it may be desirable to use standard sample data.
The attached file, "Identity Finder Test Data.zip" contains results that will be found by a default search, and includes results for the following AnyFind types:
- Social Security Numbers
- Credit Card Numbers
- Password Values
- Bank Account Numbers
- Driver Licenses
- Dates of Birth
- Phone Numbers
- E-Mail Addresses
- Personal Addresses
To use the sample data, perform the following steps:
- Detach, "Identity Finder Test Data.zip" from the Attachments section of this article
- Create the following folder:
- Unzip the contents of "Identity Finder Test Data.zip" to C:\IdentityFinderSampleData
- Open Spirion.
- Select the Identities tab and select any or all of the identities listed above in the Overview section of this article.
- Select the Locations tab and select Custom Folders in the File Locations group to automatically open the Custom Folder page of the Settings dialog.
- In the Custom Folders dialog, add the following directory as a folder to include in the search:
- Click OK.
- Select the Main tab and click Start.
- The sample data will be searched and the results will be displayed in the results view as they are found.