Posted: 4/23/2015, Updated: 7/16/2015
Under certain circumstances, it may be necessary to restart the Server Service to ensure that Console service jobs are properly and consistently executing. In general, it is only necessary to perform this restart at the direction of the Support Team.
Starting the Console Administrator Tool (CAT)
To launch the CAT, follow these steps:
- Log on to the desktop of Console server. This can be done by either physically accessing the machine or by using a Remote Desktop session.
- Navigate to the directory INSTALL LOCATION\ConsoleAdministrator and double-click on the ConsoleAdministrator executable. The default installation path is:
C:\Program Files\Identity Finder Console\ConsoleAdministrator\ConsoleAdministrator.exe
Restarting the Server Service
- Select the Web Application Settings tab
- In the "Identity Finder Server Service Control Panel" section click the "Restart" button to cause the service to stop and restart.
- If the Server Service does not successfully restart from within the CAT, it must be stopped from the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager. To do this, right click on the process IdfServerService.exe and select End Process. Once it has stopped, go back to the CAT, close and then open the CAT again to see the Current Status which should now display as "Server Service is Stopped". Click the Start button. The Current Status will now show "Server Service is Running".