Occasionally users may lock themselves out of their assigned account on the Console. To unlock an account users must either find someone else with an administrator account on the Console or they must manually reset the lockout by editing the back end SQL database.
Unlock Console Accounts Using the Console UI
To unlock accounts using the Console UI follow these steps:
- Locate another user with an administrator level account on the Console. If there is only one account on the Console please skip to the section "Unlock Console Accounts By Editing the Console Database Manually" below.
- Have the other user log in to the Console.
- On the navigation pane on the left hand side of the browser window, select Settings.
- In the Users pane, select the locked out user (note: there is a column named Locked that will have the value Yes if an account is locked out)
- In the action bar at the bottom of the Users pane, click on the Unlock icon.
- When the Unlock action completes a dialog will display to inform you that the user account has been unlocked.
- Log out of the Console and log back in with the unlocked user account.
Unlock Console Accounts By Editing the Console Database Manually
To unlock accounts by editing the Console database manually, you must have appropriate database administration skills. If you are not proficient with database administration, ensure that you enlist the help of a Database Administrator before attempting to access the Console database. The steps below provide a general method for accessing the database, and must be interpreted by a Database Administrator for proper use:
- Open your favorite database management interface or tool.
- Locate the Console database. By default the database name is IdfMC. All of the following examples will assume the database name is IdfMC.
- Select all columns in the [IdfMC].[dbo].[SystemUsers] table.
- Use the [Name] column to identify the row for the locked out user.
- For the user in question (as identified in the [Name] column), change the column [IsLocked] from a value of 1 to 0.
- Close your database management interface or tool.
- Access the Console log in page in your web browser and log in to the unlocked account.