This guide addresses the scope of Identity Finder Support Services and explains how to quickly get answers to questions and resolutions to any product issues. In general, most questions can be answered by viewing the existing on-line help, configuration documentation and Knowledge Base (KB) articles. This article includes explanations of how to identify when to contact support or professional services and the expected response times.
When to open a Support Ticket
The following support related issues are included with Annual Maintenance:
- Defects - Contact Support after it has been confirmed that a setting is configured as per the documentation but the application is not performing as described. Also, if a replicable bug is identified, Identity Finder generates an error report, or the operating system reports a crash. And also, when using Identity Finder for its intended purpose and it stops responding for a long period of time or unexpectedly closes without generating an errors.
- Incorrect/Missing Documentation - Contact Support when the specific steps as detailed in existing documentation have been followed exactly, but the application is not performing as described. Additionally, if documentation for a feature or function does not exist, please let us know where the information was expected so that our documentation team may create the necessary content in a location intuitive for our customers.
In the cases above, please open a support ticket and provide as much relevant information as possible such as the exact configuration and steps performed including any application log files. If there is a relevant KB article, please detail what occurred after the documented resolution was attempted so that our support team can provide timely and effective responses.
When to contact Professional Services
If assistance is required when configuring or deploying Identity Finder specifically for your environment, first explore the product documentation and attempt to configure the product without additional assistance. While we do offer Professional Services for a fee, most customers have been able to answer their questions by visiting the Support Portal and reviewing on-line help, searching KB articles, and/or reading existing documentation.
To contact the Professional Services team, please contact to your account representative. Your account representative is the person that sold your organization its Identity Finder license. The purchaser within your organization has the contact information for the appropriate Identity Finder account representative. If you are unable to obtain the proper contact information for your account representative, please contact our sales team and they should be able to put you in contact with the appropriate account representative.
The following assistance is not covered by Annual Maintenance and Professional Services are required:
- Configuration Questions - All of the application settings and configuration scenarios are documented. Questions about the existence of a setting to perform a particular function, details for each specific setting, and the available methods by which to configure settings can be located by searching our documentation and KB articles. If you require assistance determining the appropriate settings for your requirements or need a review of your settings, please contact Professional Services.
- Usage Questions - Training is not generally required on using our applications but, to speed up the learning curve, we do offer professional services to answer questions specific to your environment. Before engaging professional services, please search the on-line help and let us know if there are ways to improve the documentation and thereby further reduce the need for our customers to acquire training. If you require training on Client or Console applications, please contact Professional Services.
- Deployment Assistance - Detailed documentation exists to create client installers for deployment. If you run into problems, you can follow the documented troubleshooting steps or resolve issues by contacting Windows or Mac administrators or installation/deployment experts within your organization. If you are unable to create a deployment package or need a review of your configuration, please Contact Professional Services.
You can generally expect a response from the support team within four hours during the business day but please wait up to 24 hours (1 business day) before contacting our team about the same issue.